Before Intravenous Anesthesia/Sedation
How To Prepare For Your IV Sedation Appointment
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- VERY IMPORTANT!! You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment. If Dr. Eaton has given you a prescription for a relaxation pill or has instructed you to take your regular medications, you may do so with a sip of water.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia. We recommend that a responsible adult stay with the patient for 24 hours after anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a fever, cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Eaton prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Derek J. Eaton, DDS, practices oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise in wisdom tooth removal, placement of dental implants, bone grafting procedures, extractions, and biopsies.Gastonia Office Appointments Map & Driving Directions